- MediaGuardian Lists Digital Consumer as Most Powerful Industry Figure
The digital consumer – listed as “you” – tops MediaGuardian’s annual ranking of the UK’s 100 most powerful industry figures this year.
- Facebook’s Value Climbs Above $100 bn for First Time
Facebook bobbed above a $100 bn market capitalisation for the first time on Monday, almost exactly one year since its record low.
- U.S. Judge Wants External Monitor for Apple in E-Books Case
U.S. District Judge suggested a final injunction would not restrict Apple’s agreements with suppliers of other types of content such as movies, music and TV shows.
- Tribune Company Reports Lower Earnings as Revenue at Both Print and Broadcasts Units Falls
The Tribune Company reported Q2 earnings fell almost 66 percent to $66.3 million from $170.8 million.
- Is the iPad Era Already Drawing to a Close?
When it comes to Apple, hope and pessimism spring eternal. Just ask the accidentally dueling billionaires Carl Icahn and Larry Ellison.
- 5 Ways to Increase Engagement With Facebook’s New Page Insights
The new page insights will be available to all page administrators by late summer, according to Facebook.
- Some Advice For Media: Just Because You Can Measure Something Doesn’t Make It Important
Many media companies have an obsession with measuring things, without understanding what is important and therefore worth measuring.
- Digital Subscription Service Press+ Adds Tool To Help Publishers Monetize Video
Press+ launched a new tool to let publishers monetize video.
- Here’s How Tech Journalists Choose Which Startups To Cover
Jenna Wortham, tech reporter for The New York Times, wrote a story speculating on which startups might blow up in coming months.
- Nine Email Marketing Musts
Tom Monaghan, HubSpot’s email product manager, shares the nine email lessons he learned from HubSpot’s customers.
- So Your CEO Says You Need to Be A “Digital First” Publisher?
What should you do when your CEO challenges you to get a digital strategy quickly and turn your company into a “digital first” publisher?
- What Does The Children’s Magazine Market Tell Us About Publishing’s Mobile, Interactive Future?
So what can the children of today tell us about the reading habits of tomorrow?
- Does Every Publisher Need to “Go Mobile”?
What to consider when launching a mobile venture and the best reasons for providing a mobile product.
- Online Publishers Raising Subscription Prices, Tightening free access
Newspapers and other online media with metered subscription models are raising subscription prices and applying stricter limits on free access.
- Ad Tech Must Market to the Marketers
According to Gartner, only 12.5 percent of digital marketing budgets are spent on advertising.
- Zuckerberg’s Goal of Connecting 5B People Could Take 20 Years
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s plan to connect five billion people to the Internet is feasible, analysts said today. But it it could take 20 years to complete.
- 10 Ways To Leverage Social During a Redesign
Social media is a powerful channel to communicate and share your new, highly visual story.
- 8 Things You Need to Know About SEO Now
Eight things SEO experts say you should be doing now to keep your content high in search result rankings.