- Offline Magazine Launches And Instantly Gets Love From The Apple App Store Team
For any new digital-only magazine the best hope for success is getting Apple to promote your new title within the Newsstand, or throughout the App Store.
- Google Targets Big Brand Advertisers With ‘game-changing’ Technology
Businesses have been striving to make their advertising spending accountable.
- 5 Awesome Branded Twitter Plays Of 2013
Twitter was the clear-cut conversation vehicle of the online world in 2013.
- Native Social Advertising Up 71% This Year
Spending on native social advertising in the U.S. will reach an estimated $2.4 billion this year, up 71.4% over last year.
- Top Tips For CRM
Putting the customer right at the centre of the organization is the be-all and end-all of successful Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Total Ad Spending Up 3.8% In 2013: Report
US total media ad spending in 2013 will grow to $171.33 billion, an increase of more than $6 billion from 2012.
- As Fewer People Read Newspapers, More Share Their Front Pages.
Newspapers are dying. But their front pages aren’t.
- Survival Is Way Up, Launches Are Barely Down… The Mr. Magazine™ Year-End Wrap-Up
85% Survival Rate of New Magazines Launched in 2012; the highest ever compared with the high of 70%.
- The Next Big Question In Content Marketing
Best content marketing blog posts
- New Digital Publishing Environments Make It Hard For Publishers To Retain Control
There is a generally accepted view that publishers are in the content business and that the forms they publish that content has less importance than the content itself.
- The First Ever Banner Ad: Why Did It Work So Well?
Almost 20 years ago, on 27 October 27, 1994, the first banner went live on hotwired.com. For over four months, 44% of those who saw it clicked on it.
- The New York Times Is Going To Label The Hell Out Of Its Native Ads
Among the many people who worry about native ads’ effort to mimic the surrounding editorial content, you can count New York Times Executive Editor Jill Abramson.
- Facebook Video Ads Could Bite Into Twitter’s Social TV Dominance
Facebook’s auto-play video ads will certainly attract marketing niches that are already invested in online video—from entertainment (movies, particularly) to automotive to consumer-packaged goods to retail.
- Managing The Variables Of Digital Circ
For good or for ill, digital is here to stay. I have no doubt it is good for many readers, I am not sure how good it is for publishers because there are still too many variables concerning digital circulation.
- 5 Ways To Grow Your Email List With Social Media
Are you looking for ways to move social media fans and followers to your email list?
- Number Of Magazine Closures Falls Significantly This Year
Good news in magazine statistics for 2013
- Mobile Ad Industry Consolidation Led To A Flurry Of Major Deals In 2013
Consolidation in the mobile ad industry showed no signs of slowing in 2013
- How Native Advertising Will Change In 2014
Native advertising was all the rage this past year, as online publishers and marketers grappled for new (or repackaged) ways to get the attention of ad-weary consumers.
- Twitter New Advertising Program Is Not Just Another ‘So What?’
Just six weeks after acquiring mobile advertising platform MoPub, Twitter Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) is launching a native advertising platform for mobile apps.
- Reading The New York Times Magazine Isn’t What It Used To Be
Two magazines, both published by the New York Times, arrived in my house over the weekend, one thin, the other thick.
- The Number Of Online Video Ads Is Up 205% In The Last Year
According to comScore, the audience for online video has grown 4 percent over the past year. The number of video ads? Up 205 percent.
- The Rodale Publishing Model Finds Success On All Magazine Media Fronts.
The Mr. Magazine™ Interview with Chris Lambiase, Senior Vice President and Group Publisher of Rodale.
- Buzzfeed, Dujour Media Group Form Strategic Partnership
A small milestone has been added to BuzzFeed’s inexorable, awesome-in-19-different-ways march towards world media domination.
- The Tablet Magazine Ship Is Sinking. Fast.
The death of the tablet magazine has been heralded for months, but here’s how publishers need to rethink their digital offerings for the tablet age.
- Paywalls Boost Ad Rates For Some Magazines And Newspapers, Opa Study Finds
It’s All About the Subscription Data (and What You Do with It)
- Data Decisions: How The Guardian And Forbes Built Custom Analytics Platforms.
A look at how and why the Guardian and Forbes decided to create their own platforms to measure data about content consumption.
- Hearst Magazines Digital Chief Troy Young Discusses Finding Great Editors
Also, the company’s approach to native advertising.