A forum for the print and
digital publishing industries
- Adobe Drops Support For Amazon Newsstand And Kindle Fire Reading Apps
Adobe has quietly dropped support for the newsstand aspects of the Amazon App Store and reading apps for the Kindle Fire.
- Digital Journalism: We’re Still Waiting For The Third Model Of News Publishing
What do recent launches such as Vox.com and the FiveThirtyEight mean for the development of the news media?
- A Scientific Guide To Hashtags: How Many, Which Ones, And Where To Use Them
Have you ever found yourself explaining hashtags to someone whose only connection with the word is as a telephone button?
- The Newsonomics Of 50/50 And The Unchaining Of The U.S. Press
For decades, newspapers moved from local ownership to nationwide chains. Now, the shift is in the other direction — with the help of your friendly neighborhood billionaire.
- For Newsstand Publishers, What Is Plan B?
When John Harrington says the sky is falling, it’s time to look up. So, publishers, it’s offical: We need a plan B.
- What We Learned At The Digital Media Europe Conference
WAN-IFRA’s Digital Media Europe conference, focused attention on mobile, the role of video, social news and the vexed issue of paid content.
- How To Measure Engagement
Three publishers highlight the different approaches media brands are taking to strengthen customer relationships
- Why Publishers Are Building Advertising Innovations Groups
With ad rates sinking, publishers now know that if they want to turn the money picture around, they have to give brands more than just marginal banner space.
- A Print Newspaper Generated By Robots: Is This The Future Of Media Or Just A Sideshow?
What if you could pick up a printed newspaper that had pieces that were selected based on what was being shared?