- Digital Advertising: All Talk And No (Inter)Action
New research estimated that a third of the UK population will use tablets this year, whilst 2013 also marks the first time the majority of UK adults have used the internet to read or download news.
- Awesome: A New York Times Bot Is Second-Guessing NFL Coaches On Twitter The New York Times has a new online tool and Twitter feed that analyzes every fourth down in every game and gives its analysis in real time.
- Is ‘Storytelling’ To Advertising Agencies What ‘Hammering’ Is To Blacksmiths?
Digital shift in the creative industries has so far produced one big “meta effect”: constant relabelling of the old modes of thinking and behaviour.
- 360i Is Selected As The 2013 Digital Agency Of The Year
Just when you thought you’d heard everything about how 360i and Oreo made social marketing history with their Super Bowl “You Can Still Dunk in the Dark” tweet, there’s more to the story.
- New Pressreader Responsive Website Is Modeled After Their Apple iPhone And iPad App
The digital newspaper distribution and publishing company NewspaperDirect a couple of weeks ago announced that it would rebrand itself as PressReader, that same name as its iOS app found in the Apple App Store.
- Mobile Ads Forecast To Account For More Than Third Of New Ad Revenue By 2016
Mobile advertising is forecast to be the most important driver of the global advertising economy over the next three years, accounting for more than a third of the $90bn in new revenue expected by 2016.
- Dreamforce’s Big Idea: Smartphones As An Enterprise App Platform
Although I’m a 20-year marketing veteran, I’m generally allergic to marketing messages and naked sales pitches. Call it an autoimmune disorder. I therefore tend to discount most of the pitches I hear at tech conferences.
- Mag Bag: ‘The Week’ Boosts Frequency
Dennis Publishing’s The Week is defying the general downward trend in print magazines with plans to increase its frequency to 51 issues in 2014, up from 48 this year.
- Eddie & Ozzie Winners
Influencers across the media and magazine industries were honored on Thursday, December 5 as FOLIO: celebrated the winners and honorable mentions of the annual Eddie & Ozzie Awards.