- MediaGuardian Lists Digital Consumer as Most Powerful Industry Figure
The digital consumer – listed as “you” – tops MediaGuardian’s annual ranking of the UK’s 100 most powerful industry figures this year.
- Facebook’s Value Climbs Above $100 bn for First Time
Facebook bobbed above a $100 bn market capitalisation for the first time on Monday, almost exactly one year since its record low.
- U.S. Judge Wants External Monitor for Apple in E-Books Case
U.S. District Judge suggested a final injunction would not restrict Apple’s agreements with suppliers of other types of content such as movies, music and TV shows.
- Tribune Company Reports Lower Earnings as Revenue at Both Print and Broadcasts Units Falls
The Tribune Company reported Q2 earnings fell almost 66 percent to $66.3 million from $170.8 million.
- Is the iPad Era Already Drawing to a Close?
When it comes to Apple, hope and pessimism spring eternal. Just ask the accidentally dueling billionaires Carl Icahn and Larry Ellison.
- 5 Ways to Increase Engagement With Facebook’s New Page Insights
The new page insights will be available to all page administrators by late summer, according to Facebook.
- Some Advice For Media: Just Because You Can Measure Something Doesn’t Make It Important
Many media companies have an obsession with measuring things, without understanding what is important and therefore worth measuring.
- Digital Subscription Service Press+ Adds Tool To Help Publishers Monetize Video
Press+ launched a new tool to let publishers monetize video.
- Here’s How Tech Journalists Choose Which Startups To Cover
Jenna Wortham, tech reporter for The New York Times, wrote a story speculating on which startups might blow up in coming months.